Vision and Mission
Our shared focus for the future of our children will be on delivering progressive, personalised learning and success for all.
GEMS Saudi International School (SIS) will be the first school of its kind in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia providing the highest quality learning experiences and success for all our children. Our young people will learn in a nurturing, dynamic, innovative learning environment within a state-of-the-art building supported by expert educators.
Importantly, the Vision of the GEMS Saudi International School, Dhahran is aligned to the delivery of The National Transformation Program to meet Saudi Arabia’s Vision 2030. Promoting the culture and values of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will be a feature of our approach.
As articulated through the vision statement, the school is committed to the highest standards of academic excellence and dedicated to providing the best possible education for our students. This will be achieved by developing the knowledge, attitudes, and skills essential for self-directed, life-long learning. GEMS Saudi International School, Dhahran seeks to equip students with the skills necessary to thrive in a rapidly changing world. A focus will be on analytical thinking, problem solving, creativity, collaboration, communication, ethics, action, and accountability, all essential skills for students succeeding in the workplace of the future.
GEMS Saudi International School, Dhahran aims to provide an education system for a globally competitive knowledge economy, ensuring learning encompasses creative, moral, social, experiential and entrepreneurial dimensions.
To this end, the school aims to develop and nurture students who:
- are knowledgeable, inquirers, problem solvers and life-long learners
- have a sense of belonging to The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the global community
- are proud of Arab culture and Islamic values and have a strong national identity
- are united in taking responsibility for the destiny and prosperity of The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- have high expectations of themselves
Advancing the school's vision, mission and aims is a shared responsibility for teachers, administrators, parents, and the community. Our community of stakeholders will have the highest expectations of the school. They can expect
- A caring, nurturing, dynamic and rich learning environment in 21st century facilities.
- Expert teachers applying strategies informed by a flexible, creative, inspirational and aspirational curriculum.
- Academic, athletic and enriching opportunities resulting in outstanding student outcomes in readiness for the challenges of the 21st century.
We have taken inspiration from King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, who states “Education in Saudi Arabia is the necessary base which will help realize the aspirations of our people towards progress and advancement in science and knowledge”.
In light of this, the GEMS commitment to contributing to the realization of this goal forms the basis of establishing this new school. The GEMS Saudi International School, Dhahran will nurture students who can become leaders in their own area of expertise, entrepreneurs who are knowledgeable and proud of the national identity.